Do you have good technical understanding, and do you enjoy delivering good solutions?
Alflow Scandinavia A/S is a niche company, offering a wide range of flow technologies to the pharmaceutical industry, Life Sciences & Biotech industry, and Food & Beverages industry. Since its foundation in 1998, Alflow has been the exclusive distributor of innovative flow components in both plastics and stainless steel and has developed a comprehensive product range meeting the most stringent safety and cleanliness requirements in the market.
Alflow is the supplier of a wide range of recognized brands and high-quality products and acts as a “one-stop shop” for their clients. Their product range is extensive and the selectively chosen product groups includes, for example, high-quality pumps, mixers, valves, hoses, single-use solutions, and a wide range of related flow-equipment.
Alflow continues to experience a growing interest in their products and competencies, especially within the single-use division. To support their customers in the optimal use and design of the single-use solutions, Alflow has created a new position as Field-Application Specialist.
In this role, you will work closely with the sales organization and interact with customers. More specifically, you will be working with single-use solutions which includes designing custom single-use assemblies, tubings, Quattroflow single-use pumps, 2D & 3D bioprocess bag designs, single-use fittings & clamps, welders & sealers & flowmeters from em-tec.
You will be the technical face of the company, so building relationships and collaborations with customers is a key element. Alflow is currently building an ISO Class 7 cleanroom in their facilities in Vejen, Denmark, which will be used to manufacture single-use assemblies. You will be a driving force in supporting the project team in this journey of getting it operational, design drafting, feasibility approval & supporting QA department with SOP inputs and various ad-hoc duties associated with getting the cleanroom operational.
You will have the opportunity to make a real difference, both to Alflow’s business and with the customers. This position offers the unique opportunity to use both your technical knowledge and to also apply a commercial angle.
Some of your daily tasks will involve, but not be limited to the following:
- Conduct visits with customers together with Sales Engineer or Area Sales Manager to demonstrate products
- Analyze production processes with customers and provide solutions with Single-Use technologies
- Act as primary liaison/customer representative throughout the design and implementation process and future application support
- Conduct tailored customer training and support on the delivered solutions to meet customer needs
- Act as internal partner to the rest of the sales organization in relation to technical clarifications and support.
- Support in getting the cleanroom operational with the rest of the project team
- Conduct product and market research in relation to Single-Use technology and other related technologies and communicate new knowledge to the rest of the organization
- Participate in relevant exhibitions and visit suppliers
Strong technical understanding and commercial abilities
Ideally, you have a technical background and have experience with Single-use technology from a similar role, ideally within fluid control or flow technologies. Your experience can also come from having worked with production processes in the Life Sciences Industry e.g. as a user of single-use solutions/equipment. You have a sound technical understanding and can speak to clients at the operational level. If you also have an interest in the commercial aspect, it is an advantage
As a person, you are positive and solution-oriented, you have a great drive, and take pride in delivering according to your deadlines. Furthermore, you have strong interpersonal and communicative skills, and you master English on a professional level.